Due to the coronavirus pandemic we have been unable to meet as usual since March. However, we are very pleased to announce that we will shortly be re-opening Bury Street Community Church for public worship on Sunday mornings. It will be so good to meet together in person again as a church family. It will of course feel very different to our services before the coronavirus pandemic, but we believe it’s right to start meeting together provided we follow the government guidelines very carefully.
Our pastor Dougie Affleck has made a video letting you know a bit more of what to expect.
We will need to constantly tweak things as we learn from one week to the next.
Here are some things that are really important to remember, please take them with the grace intended, we are not making up rules to annoy anyone!
- If you, or anyone in your household have any symptoms of Covid-19, please do not come.
- If you are vulnerable or have been asked to isolate, please do not come.
- If you plan to come please, if you can, let the pastor Dougie Affleck know so that we can make sure there is seating available for you.
- A face-mask will need to be worn in the building at all times.
- Your attendance will be recorded on entry for track and trace purposes.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided and must be used on entry and exit to the building.
- All signs / floor arrows or markings should be followed to make sure social distancing is maintained.
- Physical contact, hugging, shaking hands, etc between different households / bubbles is not permitted.
- We should have some seats spare for guests which may come but when capacity is reached, entry to the building will not be permitted.
- If you have mobility issues, please let us know so arrangements can be made.
- No refreshments will be available. The kitchen will be off limits.
- Bring your own bible, we cannot distribute the church bibles.
- The toilets will be available but it would help if you didn’t need to use them!
- Children under 11 must be accompanied at all times, including trips to the toilet. Please don’t let them run around.
- Please do not leave any rubbish but take it home.
- Please aim to arrive between 10.10 – 10.25 so we can safely seat everyone.
We know these restrictions will make church feel unusual but it is important we begin to meet together again. Thank you so much for your help and patience. Please ask us if you have any questions.